Anyone who has ever owned a pet understands how fanatical pet owners can be. That's why Oddcast and Purina teamed up to create this fun viral campaign, which lets you customize talking dogs and cats and send messages to friends.
You Can Teach an Old Dog New Tricks
The original version of this campaign was launched on Purina's Petcentric site more than two years ago, and we've recently made a significant overhaul for the holidays. Our clients often ask about evergreen campaigns, and this viral success is a perfect example: it was built on a strong central concept that's remained consistent, but we've kept the content fresh by adding new accessories and assets each season. Hearts and bows renewed interest before Valentine's Day, and holiday trimmings boost usage each winter. The key is to start with a great concept, and then add new components to the mix as time goes on.
Results & Raves
- 2 million users and 1.4 million unique users.
- 40% increase in traffic to the Petcentric.com site
- 4.5 minute average time spent on the application.
- Dramatically increased registration for the Petcentric newsletter, by approximately 600,000 subscribers.
- Read the full case study.